- This event has passed.
Covert Online Investigations
10 February - 14 February£1699
This is hands on, practical and immersive course designed to increase the effectiveness of those who use the internet to conduct covert investigations such as test purchase, online surveillance and other covert online investigations.
- Discuss the technological issues relating to covert online investigations
- Demonstrate defensible dynamic decision making and risk management
- Demonstrate evidence capture methodologies which can withstand scrutiny
- Discuss legal issues and procedural best practice impacting on covert online investigations
- Demonstrate the development and maintenance of online false personas and supporting background information
- Demonstrate effective covert online test purchase, surveillance and intelligence gathering tradecraft including social engineering techniques
- Demonstrate the techniques for operating covertly on the dark web and associated networks effectively
- Demonstrate the deployment of cryptocurrencies and related technologies
- Discuss the psychology of operating covertly online
- Identify and manage potential operational compromise
- Prepare evidential material for court or tribunal presentation
Investigators from private and public sector, government organisations and law enforcement. No technical knowledge is required; however, it is desirable but not essential that those attending have some knowledge or experience of internet investigation and be computer literate.
Lunch is provided during the course
Rather call us to book your place?
Call Our Office:0344 247 0115